New Provider FAQs
- What is Vocational Rehabilitation?
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have disabilities get or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers. On-the-Job Training (OJT) is one way of preparing VR customers for success in the workplace.
What type of services does VR provide?
- Vocational evaluation and planning; career counseling and guidance; job coaching and placement; on-the- Job training; training and education after high school; job-site assessment and accommodations; supported and customized employment services; Pre-ETS, assistive technology and devices; medical and psychological Assessment, and time-limited medical and/or psychological treatment.
How much does VR pay providers?
- For health care services, VR pays the amount payable under the Medicare Part B system. For hospital per diem payments, VR pays the amount payable under the Medicaid system. In setting its highest allowable fee for all other services, VR shall ensure the fee is not set so low as to deny individuals the right to make an informed choice.
How do I register as a VR provider?
- Provider registration is a three-step process which includes registration with MyFloridaMarketPlace, sub-mission of an electronic W-9 with the Department of Financial Services and registration with VR. Visit Steps to Become a Provider for more information.
Are all providers required to have a background screening?
- Not all provider types are required to have a background screening. Visit the Provider Background Screening for information on requirements.
How long does the provider registration process take?
- If all three steps of the process have been completed, the standard processing time is approximately 10 business days. Provider types requiring background screening may take longer. Note: If you are applying for an Employment Services Contract and/or Pre-Employment Transition Services, the time frame for processing is 6 to 12 weeks.
How do I check my application status?
- Allow for the standard processing time of 10 business days before inquiring about your provider status. Send an email for status requests to VRVendors@vr.fldoe.org or call 866-580-7438 or 850-245-3401.
How will I know if I am approved as a VR provider?
- Once your application is processed completely and a registration determination has been made (Approved, Denied or Incomplete), you will receive notification of your registration status.
Once approved, what is the next step? How do I get client referrals?
- As a new provider, introduce yourself with an overview of your services to your local VR offices. Your local offices will provide the details on how they authorize for services. VR does not guarantee referrals.