Provider FAQs

My provider registration has expired or is no longer active. How do I re-register as a provider?
The re-registration process is essentially the same as the registration process.
  1. Log into MFMP to make sure your registration is still active and that they have the correct address. Make any necessary changes.
  2. Register your electronic W-9 with the DFS, if you have not already done so.
  3. Submit the appropriate application and any supporting documents that may be required.
How do I change my Tax ID number?
Follow the How to Become a Provider instructions. Complete the three-step process for the new Tax ID number that you wish to operate under:
  1. MFMP registration
  2. Electronic W-9 registration
  3. New VR Application Submission. The VR application includes a cover sheet. The coversheet has a space to indicate if you are changing or adding a tax ID number as well as a section to indicate what you would like to do with your existing Tax ID number.
How do I change my provider information (e.g., address, contact information, business or individual name)?
Follow the detailed instructions found on the Provider Information Update Form. This process consists of two steps:
  1. MFMP Update
  2. Submission of the Provider Information Update Form
I am already a VR provider but I want to provide a different service in addition to what I am already providing. How to I become registered to provide additional services?
Submit the appropriate application and any supporting documentation that is required for that provider type. This information can be found in the Provider Qualification Manual.

I no longer wish to be a provider with VR. How can I withdraw and terminate my VR registration or a registration for a specific individual who no longer operates under this Tax ID/SSN?
Download the Provider Withdrawal Form and submit it to the Provider Registration unit. You will be notified when the withdrawal process is complete. If you wish to register again, you will need to complete the entire New Provider Registration process again.

My company and/or I are already registered as a provider. How can I add an additional provider to be registered under the same SSN or Tax ID Number as myself and/or my company?
The provider being added will need to complete the appropriate VR Provider Application. On the application, there is a section that asks for individual’s name. In this section, write the name of the provider being added. Submit the provider application along with any required documents (if applicable) to the Provider Registration unit. The application will be processed and a notification will be sent once complete.

The application I am required to submit needs to be notarized. Does that mean that I need to submit it by mail or may I fax it?
You may fax it. Scan and email it to the Provider Registration Unit.

How can I get information about a VR provider’s payment history or recent payments?
Access the state of Florida’s Provider Payment History page.
Note: The state of Florida requires its providers to submit a Substitute Form W-9 to ensure accurate federal tax reporting. Effective March 5, 2012, providers will not receive orders or payments from the state if a valid Substitute Form W-9 is not on file. Go to the State of Florida Provider Website to register and complete your Form W-9.

Who should I contact if I have a provider payment discrepancy, question or issue?
All payment-related questions should be referred to the VR counselor whom you have been working with or to your local VR Office. You can find the contact information for local VR offices.