Become a Member
FRC is currently encouraging applications for the following council seats:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are Council Members?
- Members are appointed by the governor. FRC members work in strategic partnership with VR to increase the employment of people with disabilities in competitive, integrated jobs of their choice and in keeping with their skills and abilities. The FRC may have up to 25 members.
- How Often Does the Council Meet?
- The FRC conducts four meetings per year virtually and in different areas of the state. Committees meet virtually once between quarterly meetings. Members must be able to participate in these meetings, calls and activities.
- Does the Council pay for the Cost of Council-related Travel and Participation for its Members?
- Yes, council members' travel expenses incurred for FRC related activities are reimbursable and follow the laws, policies, and procedures established by the state of Florida. Additionally, the council provides accommodations that may be required for members to fully participate in FRC meetings and activities, including personal care attendant services.
- How Long do Members Serve?
- Members may serve up to two 3-year terms.
- Are Council Members Paid for Their Time?
- Contact the FRC at at 850-245-3397 or FRCCustomers@vr.fldoe.org.