When applying to vacancies online, candidates are required to complete the submission process for each individual job vacancy prior to 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on the closing date indicated on the job announcement.
People First Online Vacancy Submission
Complete and save online the simplified candidate profile. The simplified profile is a condensed candidate’s profile, which gives candidates the ability to provide contact information as well as position preferences, for electronic notification of vacancies matching candidate position preferences. Once a candidate is notified of a vacancy, or finds a vacancy through the search function, the application process for the advertised vacancy can begin. At that point, candidates will be prompted to upload their resumes and any other pertinent documentation, such as documentation supporting Veterans’ Preference eligibility. Candidate profiles can be edited at any time prior to each submission and will automatically populate when applying to a specific position. Remember to review your application for accuracy. Once submitted, an application can not be edited. After applying to one or more job vacancies, all submitted applications can be viewed from the Job Management Page by clicking Jobs Applied in the candidate profile. A listing of all the positions to which a candidate has applied will be displayed. Candidates can view and/or print any or all of the submitted applications, although this information is also maintained online.
For assistance in completing the employment application or applying for jobs using the People First system, candidates should call the People First Service Center.
People First Service Center Call
TTY at 866-221-0268
External Link Disclaimer: As a convenience and for informational purposes only, the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) provides external hyperlinks on its website, directing website users toward certain outside sites; links to these websites do not constitute VR's endorsement or approval of the linked websites, or the information, products or services contained therein. All links VR provides are consistent with the mission of its website. However, VR exercises no editorial control over the information website users may find on external websites. VR also cannot attest to the accuracy or appropriateness of information provided by external websites and organizations.
The Florida Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is an equal opportunity employer. It is against the law for VR as a recipient of Federal financial assistance to discriminate against any individual in the United States on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. The application process used by VR to determine eligibility for services, any subsequent services and the entire VR process are subject to these non-discrimination requirements. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. VR program receives 78.7 percent of its funding through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. For the 2022 Federal fiscal year, the total amount of grant funds awarded were $176,521,122. The remaining 21.3 percent of the costs ($47,775,094) were funded by Florida State Appropriations. Revised October 2022.