Florida's Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program wants you to be prepared for a hurricane or other disaster. You can download the VR Hurricane Preparedness Brochures in English, Spanish or Creole. Remember it is up to you to make sure you and your family's needs may be met in the event of a disaster.
VR Hurricane Preparedness Brochures
Hurricane Preparedness Guide (PDF)
Hurricane Preparedness Guide (RTF)
GuiŽa de medidas de preparacioŽn en caso de un huracaŽn (PDF)
GuiŽa de medidas de preparacioŽn en caso de un huracaŽn (RTF)
Gid sou Prekosyon pou Siklo` n (PDF)
Gid sou Prekosyon pou Siklo` n (RTF)
VR encourages you to take advantage of an excellent planning tool to help you, your family, and your business develop a disaster plan. This plan is located at www.floridadisaster.org.
The Governor's Commission on Disabilities' Clearinghouse on Disability Information is another resource to answer disaster preparedness questions. Its phone number is (877) ADA-4YOU or (877) 232-4968.
The Florida Centers for Independent Living (CIL) can also help you create a disaster plan.
Other Resource Links
- American Foundation for the Blind
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Mitigation for Persons with Disabilities
- Easter Seals (s.a.f.e.t.y. First program)
- Effective Emergency Preparedness Planning: Addressing the Needs of Employees with Disabilities
- Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities and Other Vulnerable Populations
- Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Humane Society of the U.S. (Disaster Preparedness Brochures)
- National Organization on Disability
- Prepare Yourself: Disaster Readiness Tips for People with Disabilities (PDF)
- Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs (PDF)
- Preparing the Workplace for Everyone: Accounting for the Needs of People with Disabilities
- Ready! Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed. What to do before, during, and after an emergency
- Telecommunications for the Deaf, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- United Spinal Association