BRRS System Partners
As an attorney working with BRRS, you will be able to provide the best advice to your clients and help them secure all of the benefits they are entitled to under the Florida Workers' Compensation Law. You will also help them return to work and become productive again.
If BRRS determines that re-training is necessary for your client, the Judge of Compensation Claims may award 26 weeks of rehabilitation temporary total disability benefits, with an addition 26 weeks possible for dates of accident that occurred before 10/01/03.
You can help BRRS determine what reemployment services may be available for your patients by quickly providing documentation identifying their anticipated or actual physical restrictions. Neither Maximum Medical Improvement nor Permanent Impairment rating is required for BRRS to assist the injured worker.
The BRRS Web Portal enables carriers to:
- refer injured workers to the Bureau on the DWC-23, the Request for Screening Form; and,
- upload case documents (medical records and other case-related documents), reemployment assessments, and reemployment status reviews.
A rehabilitation provider is a rehabilitation nurse, rehabilitation counselor, or vocational counselor providing reemployment assessments, medical care coordination, reemployment services or vocational evaluations, possessing one or more of the following nationally recognized rehabilitation provider credentials:
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse, C.R.R.N., certified by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certifications
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, C.R.C., certified by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certifications
- Certified Case Manager, C.C.M., certified by the Commission for Case Management Certification
- Certified Disability Management Specialist, C.D.M.S., certified by the Certifed Disability Management Specialist Commission
- Certified Vocational Evaluator, C.V.E., certified by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse, C.O.H.N., certified by the American Board of Occupational Health Nurses
BRRS will partner with you in establishing a strong "Return to Work" program for injured employees. BRRS will provide job analysis and assistance in job modifications that can result in increased efficiency. It can also help employers by providing reimbursement to offset On-the-Job Training costs when job re-training is necessary.